Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Just For Laughs


Mike & I have been visiting McCurdy's Comedy Theater for years and are on their contact list for free tickets.  They usually offer us tickets once a year for one of our birthdays or for our anniversary depending on the headliners.  McCurdy's doesn't offer free tickets to see the household names like Jim Breuer or Judy Tenuta but they do offer tickets for comedians that are well known in the comedy circuit like Diane Ford, Janet Williams or this guy here Tom Rhodes.  Live comedy is the best comedy.  Mike & I always have a great time when we visit McCurdy's so we were thrilled they called right before our anniversary to offer us tickets!  The only condition of the complimentary tickets is a 2 menu item minimum purchase per guest and 15% gratuity.  No problem there!  Nothing goes better with live stand up comedy than a couple alcoholic beverages right!?

This is who we saw, Tom Rhodes .  He's had a couple specials on Comedy Central, HBO, he had a very short lived sitcom on NBC called "Mr. Rhodes".  He's most well known for his weekly talk show in Amsterdam called the Kevin Masters Show and is often compared to Conan O'Brien or David Letterman.  His act was really funny, Mike & I laughed our butts off!  It was a great way to spend an evening together!  We completely forgot about the outside world for 2 carefree hours!


Tom Rhodes - Promoting Love and Laughter In The Universe

Mike & I were the first to meet Tom after the show!  We shook his hand, told him we enjoyed the act and Mike snapped this quick picture!

1 comment:

  1. Another Florida neighbor! I found your blog over at Lyndsey's. Just stopping in to say hi.

    ReplyDelete