The DMV's in Florida are only open M-F and coincidentally the Florida State Government is raising the fees/taxes on license plates and driver's licenses as of tomorrow September 1st! (Whoa! I can't believe it's September already!) I've been told that the price to renew a DL is going up $29! If that is true, it is $20 to renew today and it will be $49 tomorrow? I'm not sure how much the taxes for renewing license plates/tags are going up but I'm sure I'll be shocked when I find out.
This morning Mike got up early so that he could hit the local DMV on the way to work. He got there early before it was open and the line was ridiculous! A woman came out to say they were opening early, that customers (tax payers) would need to be patient, it could take a while. She did offer the option of renewing online if that was your business at the DMV today, Mike who was going to be late for work stepped out of line knowing there was NO WAY he'd be served anytime soon and figured the online option would be the best option...
So guess what? Florida's DL Renewal site is "down for maintenance"! Unbelievable!
Ugh, so now I have to stay close to my computer at home, while Mike stays close to his at work so that we can get this taken care of! How frustrating! I've heard so many people complain about the DMV over the years but in a way I couldn't relate. I had never had a problem or bad experience at the DMV... until now!
No comments:
Post a Comment