Sunday, January 31, 2010

Projects

This spring marks mine & Mike's 11th Wedding Anniversary and the 11th year in our house.  The opportunity to buy this house fell in our lap unexpectedly but it is the best investment we ever made.  It's been a great house but it's 15 years old and needs some upgrades and some TLC.  Mike & I have started making some long overdue home improvements.

The first items on our project list were a new stove, new dishwasher, new water pressure tank and new a/c unit.  All four appliances were constant headaches.  Replacing the a/c was the most expensive improvement but it had to be done.  These recent upgrades have made life a little more enjoyable for us and will be appealing to potential buyers when we're ready to sell.

The appliances were only the tip of the iceberg.  I have quite a lengthy project list that involves every room in the house and our backyard.  I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed because we put everything on the back burner so long!  Every room needs a facelift and some design flair.  So I think we'll pick out paint colors for our great room first, that is the room that everyone sees.  It's also the room we just picked out new furniture for!  Check back in a couple weeks to see how we transform this first room!  You'll be amazed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment