So Sunday was the Series Finale of the ABC show LOST. My husband and I have been loyal fans of the show since it premiered in September of 2004. It's been terribly confusing and frustrating at times but the stories and characters were so compelling, we never 'lost' interest.
Many critics and fans of the show are still griping about all the unanswered questions... seriously? It's LOST!! This is what set LOST apart from everything else on tv. It was mystery!! Won't it be more fun to discuss and ponder the possibilities for years to come? The foundation of the series was not to explain every mystery in detail but to have faith. Faith in the characters, faith in the unknown... faith that there's a happy ending. LOST was about these characters facing their personal demons, letting them go and moving on. All of the characters were all 'lost' in life before they came to the Island, and through their struggles together they found faith, hope, love, friendship and peace TOGETHER.
For the first couple seasons, I thought the writers were winging it... pulling plots out of thin air... they kept presenting me with more mystery with little resolve. It wasn't until this final season that 'most' of the pieces began to fit for me. I realized that from the 'Pilot' to 'the End' that this was what the writers had intended... that we the viewers embark on our own personal journey with these characters and make our own interpretations along the way.
The conclusion to LOST was poetic and profound. I cried my eyes out for the entire Finale and the clip show that proceeded it. The connections between these characters were powerful and the Finale honored them in such touching ways. I am NOT disappointed with the ending of LOST, in fact I LOVED it. I am sad that it's over. I will miss being mentally and emotionally challenged every week but I'm okay with that. I have closure just like the wonderful characters I have come to love and that's all that matters.
Here's a clip from the actors themselves who feel so blessed to be a part of LOST...
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=404106546432
No comments:
Post a Comment