Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bedroom Makeover

My master bedroom has been in desperate need of a makeover for years.  My bedding and carpet were worn out and our colors were just BLAH.  Since my bedroom is supposed to be mine & Mike's sanctuary away from our kids, we agreed it was time for a makeover.  Here's what our bedroom looked like before...





Here's what it looks like now....


New ceiling fan, fresh paint, new carpet and new bedding!  What a difference!


I LOVE everything, but I especially LOVE my new bedding!  I found it at Bed Bath & Beyond, I seriously give it a 5 star rating, it is a bed-in-a-bag set but it's affordable and really good quality!  It fits my bed nicely, the sheets are super soft and it came with the decorative pillows!  Which I still can't believe Mike let me use all of!!


This painting was my Grandpa's.  He left to me when he passed away a couple years ago.  I was still in it's original gold leafed frame which was not exactly my style.  Mike picked out a new frame that suits us, the painting and our bedroom perfectly now.  I think my Grandpa would approve too!


When we put our bedroom back together, I only put up half of my nick knacks and picture frames.  The less I have cluttering up my dressers the easier it will be to keep clean. 


It's hard to believe our furniture is 11 years old.  I used some Murphy's Oil Soap Clean & Shine and it looks almost brand new again!


  
Aaaahhhh... much better, I even rearranged and de-cluttered my desk too!  Next on the project list... Maddy & Mikayla's bedroom.  The girls are getting bunk beds!

4 comments:

  1. I was hoping to get to see your room makeover! I love the paint color and I was noticing that painting in the before shots. I really like it! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I like the soothing Sage color on the walls. Doesn't new carpet feel great? Enjoy your new room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lyndsey & Lauren. I love our colors, they are very soothing!

    ReplyDelete