Tuesday, November 2, 2010

GO VOTE!!

I write two blogs, one for family happenings and this one for everything else.  I fell behind with my family blog this summer and it's taken me months to catch up.  Now that I am caught up, my focus shifted to this blog.  What should I say?  What's on my mind?  I thought this blog would be my place to bitch and complain about whatever.  But most days, I don't feel like I have much to bitch or complain about.  Maybe I'm growing wise in my old age of '33' but I feel pretty damn lucky to living the life I'm living.  Life is good, but today I do have something to say...

It's Election Day and I am seriously annoyed by the amount of people I know, who are NOT voting.  I know for the most part our choices suck but our Midterm Elections are the most important!  These are our local officials that are supposed to represent us.  What's worse is the people that go out and vote blindly.  There are people in our country who have no idea who Nancy Pelosi, John Boehner or Harry Reid are...  and what about the proposed amendments that effect states, counties, districts & towns directly?  How can any taxpaying American not educate themselves to know who and what they're voting for, if they actually vote at all!  I know a lot of people are frustrated.  Trust me, I'm frustrated too. Our two party system keeps our country divided over things like gay marriage & abortion while the most of us (the middle of the road Moderates) just want to scream! 

You can't even have a mature conversation with anyone about politics these days.  Most people with so called opposing views don't even have their own original opinion.  They just regurgitate something they read or something they heard without researching the facts.  Everyone is so polarized against one party that there's no chance for a healthy debate.  I am NOT loyal to one party, I CAN make up my own mind.  I CAN vote for the candidates that have represented my districts, state or country well regardless of their 'political label'.  I know what's important to me and my family.

Seriously, if Americans don't wake up and smell the crappy coffee, nothing in our country will ever change.  We will keep going round after round after round screaming at each other, driving this country and everything it used to stand for into the mud.  I know you can't please everybody but it would be nice if these politicians & ignorant lazy Americas would get their shit together.  We are the UNITED FRICKIN States of America.  Let's start acting like it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment