And... I have finally begun working through the rest of the laundry. I've had piles in the garage since I first discovered our outbreak. Mike's own suitcase from Chicago sat unopened for days! Finally, I can start washing things and put them where they belong without worrying! I'll still be checking the girls heads every day but I think my aggressive tactics paid off.
Unfortunately, winning the battle against head lice is not the end of our family's turmoil. Mike's Grandma is in the hospital for the 2nd time in 2 weeks. Mike just visited with her when he was in Chicago for his other Grandma's funeral. I'm not sure of all the details but from what I understand, Grandma passed out and her heart actually stopped! She's been stable since she was resuscitated, vitals good and she's breathing on her own and her CT scan is normal. Why her heart stopped in the first place, I do not know but hopefully the doctors will be able to figure that out. In the meantime, poor Grandma is still in the ER waiting for a bed in ICU. Mike's Dad and all of his aunts & uncles are now in Chicago for support, plus there's a handful of cousins there who have been forwarding updates via FB to all of us who are helpless a thousand miles away. We're expecting an update from Mike's Dad soon, in the meantime all we can do is hope & pray that Grandma recovers quickly!

No comments:
Post a Comment