Friday, February 4, 2011

Accentuating The Positives!

6 days since my last post and I'm happy to report, life is returning to normal.  Hubs has been home for 4 days and the girls & I are feeling like ourselves again.  After a such a emotional & stressful month, normal is wonderful. In light of all the negativity I do have some positives to mention...

*Mike hasn't gotten sick!  He has been chronically exhausted since he got home from Chicago but he's hanging in there.  I still have a refill of Tamiflu if he needs it but at this point I don't think he will!


*Maddy completed her Biome Research project for school.  It was a lot of work for all of us, but in the end it was fun as it came together.  We also got to see her recital costume!  She's dancing ballet this year!  


*Mikayla has been accident free (knock on wood) for weeks!  We started potty training a year ago.  She'd do well and then get lazy, do well, then more lazy.  I think her talk with Santa over Christmas is just what she needed to make the extra effort!  Mike & I have been praising her up and down, so we hope she keeps it up!


*Me?  I'm definitely feeling better mentally & physically.  So much so that Mike & I talked each other into redecorating the girls bedroom this weekend.  They got bunk beds for Christmas but we had to sideline our project plans for the MANY obvious reasons.  Now that things are settling down, I think we're up to the task.  Maddy & Mikayla are growing up.  In fact, as excited as we ALL are to redecorate, it's a little sad that their room will be forever different.  Sure we've made small changes over the years but, taking Mikayla's crib apart and painting over the light spring green walls will be bittersweet.  Despite the mess that this will turn my house into and the back breaking lifting & painting that will be involved...  it'll be a nice way to spend the weekend together just the 4 of us.


*Our family & friends in Chicago got buried in snow this week, including my Mom who's 55th birthday was on Groundhog's Day.  Lucky for Mike & his family they all got out of town before the blizzard hit.  Our loved ones that live there have had an interesting week but everyone is safe and sound.


Mike took a handful of pictures while he was in Chicago, here he is slipping & sliding on a frozen pond.  He even went sledding with our friends but missed me & the girls the whole time.  He had fun while it lasted but now he's quite happy to be back in Florida with me & the girls where it's been in the 70s all week!




1 comment:

  1. Yay for "normal"! I'm glad things are on the up and up for you and your family. Love all the positives! Oh, and post picks of the girl's room when you're done :)

    ReplyDelete