Since, I was a kid the month of May has always been a crazy, busy time of the year. Since growing up & having my own children, it's only gotten crazier. This week alone is a overwhelming because of my daughter's birthday & Mother's Day on top of our normal schedules... but this week also had some additional happy events & surprises! Here's the highlights!
Monday:
I got a job! As soon as my background check cleared with my new boss, I went in for orientation immediately, several hours later I walked out with my 1st schedule!
Tuesday:
Mikayla was at school while I assisted in Maddy's classroom. In honor of Teacher Appreciation Day/Week we gave both of their teachers flowers. That night we also finished Maddy's Canned Book Report (more on that later) which she got an A+ on!
Also, Mike's new friend & fellow coworker Jeff came in for a beer after work. Very cool guy, who coincidentally lives in our neighborhood... I'm extremely excited to meet his wife & daughters. I have a feeling we're going to be great friends!
Weds:
I visited my 1st client. I'm officially 'in the field'!
I also bought tickets to Maddy's upcoming dance recital, got her costume & confirmed my volunteer position to help back stage. 35 days & counting until the big day!
Thursday:
I went in for skills training at work.
And... I had my Aunt Betty over for dinner. She was a snowbird for many many years but she's getting older, and decided give up her seasonal status. Last year, she didn't think she'd ever be back, this year she couldn't stay away. She's only in town for 2 weeks, but I'll take what I can get!
Friday:
I visited ANOTHER new client!
We also had an awesome play date! My neighbor Savannah met another Mom at the park a couple months ago, since then we've had some play dates at the beach & the fountains. Yesterday, Alba invited Savannah & I to her house to play with her two young girls! We spent a perfect rainy afternoon painting & playing in her huge playroom which doubles as a homeschool classroom. The 5 girls had a ball!
Plus, we also found out our good friend Kerri got a job at Mike's company. Since she used him as a reference, Mike gets a bonus! Sweet!
It was a BUSY week but it was a very GOOD week and today is my daughter Maddy's 8th Birthday! I'm not as prepared as I normally am for this Birthday Mother's Day Weekend, but it's all good. Our birthday decorations are up, there's a pile of presents stashed in my bedroom, the cameras are charged and I starting Maddy's favorite breakfast. Mike is taking a 1/2 day off of work, so we can go to the Waterpark together... we have a fun-filled weekend with friends & family planned! Stay tuned........ :)
No comments:
Post a Comment