Yes, it's true! I got a job! That CNA Prep Class I took a few weeks ago really paid off. Not only did I brush up on my skills for the state exam, but I also got a great lead for a job! The office manager & my instructor at the school where I trained both referred me to a local Home Health Agency. After a competency test, application, physical, tb test, drug test, background check & presentation of documents... I have been hired!
Orientation was today and boy did I luck out! I really like the lady from HR who hired me, the office staff and the owners. Everyone is hands on and so welcoming. I was also thrilled to find out that our franchise is the best in the state... and we are 6th in the entire country. We are every HHA's toughest competition, I feel very fortunate to be hired on!
I visit my first client on Weds. I am nervous & excited. I'm definitely going to be out of my comfort zone for a while. A level of leadership & independence is required for a career like this. I hope I can rise to the challenges that will be ahead of me.
I'm also nervous about balancing my work with my family & home life, for the last 4 years the buck has stopped with me. I have been in control of anything & everything to do with my daughters & our home for quite some time. Me returning to work means that my husband Mike is going to have to step up in my place on his days off. Laundry, school schedules, dance lessons, homework, bath times & meals are going to be his responsibilities too. Surrendering my own type A, need to control everything attitude is going to be hard but I have to trust that my husband will rise to his challenge and maybe discover a newfound appreciation for my perpetual housework & childcare.
Clearly, it's going to be an interesting couple weeks around here as we all adjust to the new changes in routine. All we can do is take one day at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment